The desktop is a combination of:
- Stardock Fences arranges the icons into groups.
- Enhanced Write Filter from Windows XPe (Embedded).
- Google Chrome for fast performance and Create application shortcut feature.
- Launchy for quick application launching.
- Higher-resolution icons from Google Images (you can search by exact dimensions)
- Auto-hide taskbar enabled.
The result is a desktop with easy mouse-click access to every important application—very useful when those tiny netbook keyboards are just too small. Great job, Matt!
Want to make your own customized desktop? You can get started creating your own killer desktop with the easy-install Enigma 2.0 package, and then join up with the Lifehacker Desktop Customization Google Group to collaborate on ideas and contribute code snippets and advanced techniques.
Once you’ve created your own beautifully tweaked (and hopefully productive) desktop, post it over in the Lifehacker Desktop Show and Tell Flickr Group complete with a description of the programs and tweaks you used (and preferably links as well!), and we just might feature it here.